St. Mary’s Catholic Church
1999 and Earlier
The organ at St. Mary’s Church, Kickapoo, IL was built c.1900 by the firm of Hinners of Pekin, IL for an unknown purchaser, and subsequently moved to its present location. The organ has been cared for by Buzard Pipe Organ Builders since 1987. In 1988 a new electric blower was installed, as were additional pipes and a windchest to extend the compass of the Pedal Bourdon 16’ to match that of the pedalboard. The organ was cleaned in 2010, and complete scaling information was collected.
61-note manual, 27-note pedalboard, wind pressure c.3.2″; pitch A-435 Hz
From left to right the stops are as follows:
Ped. Bourdon 16 Ft plays only from the pedalboard
Pedal Coupler connects what is turned on in the manual with the pedalboard
Octave Coupler for notes 1-49 of the manual, also plays the note one octave higher in addition to whatever note is being played.
Open Diapason Bass 8 Ft plays this stop for notes 1-24 (bottom two octaves) 1-5 stopped wood, 6-13 in facade
Open Diapason Treble 8 Ft plays this stop for notes 25-61(top three octaves)
Liebl Gedackt Bass 8 Ft plays this stop for notes 1-24
Liebl Gedackt Treble 8 Ft plays this stop for notes 25-61
Viola d’Gamba Bass 8 Ft plays this stop for notes 1-24
Viola d’Gamba Treble 8 Ft plays this stop for notes 25-61
Flute Bass 4 Ft plays this stop for notes 1-24
Flute Treble 4 Ft plays this stop for notes 25-61
Tremulant sets up an oscillation in the wind supply
Bellows Signal (Deactivated.) This used to make a noise to indicate to the pumper that wind was required.